Who uses a Sleep Consultant / Sleep Coaching services?
This program is ideal for parents that are exhausted from repeating the same rituals all night long. you DO NOT have to subscribe to a specific Parenting Philosophy to reap the benefits of Sleep Coaching.
At Sleepytime Support, my goal is to empower parents, help them understand the basics of sleep science, pay attention to their mental health and well being, and collaborate on a plan that works for each unique family.
Where are you located? What if I am not “local”?
I am in the Fresno/Clovis area of California’s Central Valley. However, thanks to modern technology, I can help families all over the world. Using a combination of emails, phone calls, and even video chatting (Zoom, Skype, or Google Hangouts) I can offer *virtual* face to face contact and support.
Why is there a difference between “Infant” and “Child” packages?
The needs of an infant are different than the needs of a child. My plans and packages reflect that.
Infant- This plan to helps parents gain knowledge of an infant’s sleep needs and understand the many changes that a baby undergoes in the early days regarding milestones and growth spurts. I will help parents discover which soothing techniques work best for their child during fussy periods. We follow your baby’s natural rhythms and help lay the foundation of predictability while fostering the the parent-child attachment. Whether nursing or bottle feeding, we will have regular communication in order to create a plan with simple and doable steps so that you will know what changes to expect next!
Child – In this customized plan, we will help your child establish healthy sleep patterns with awareness of regular wake ups, naps, and bedtime routines. When your child feels better, they will learn and play better. I will teach you how to coach your child as they learn new sleep skills. The goal here is to reduce your involvement as they become confident in doing it independently.
Why do I need a sleep coach / consultant? Can’t I just read about the program on my own?
As a Gentle Sleep Coach, I can offer you a customized plan that is intentionally focused on your child and your personal family dynamic. Having a GSC step into your home, whether it’s in person or virtual, is unparalleled to anything else. My approach is clear, concise and doable as I promise to meet you where you are and focus entirely on you. That personal touch is impossible to get anywhere else. And let’s face it… your free time is better spent with your family. I read the books and did the training for you! Let me help you get the sleep you need.
How does the process work?
- You read the website and decide that today is the day you start your journey toward a great night’s sleep.
- You call me and we have a phone conversation. This usually lasts around 15 minutes.
- I send you the Contract and the Client History Form
- You return the signed Contract and Payment to me within 24 hours to hold your spot.
- You fill out the Client History Form and return it to me. I must have it 4 days prior to our Consultation.
- I create a customized plan that fits your needs.
- We have our Consultation! This will be either in person or via video call depending on what package you have chosen. This will take about 60 to 90 minutes. During the consultation, we will go over the plan I have created for you. I will provide you with a copy and with resources.
- You put the plan in action!
- We remain in contact so that you feel supported and we can adapt the plan if necessary. (Communication frequency determined by which package you have chosen.)
- At the end of our time together, you are equipped, educated, and empowered!
What is the Gentle Sleep Coach Program? What did you learn and how?
The Gentle Sleep Coach Training is the most comprehensive sleep coach training program in the world.
The program includes interactive online classes with 90+ hours of training content and mentorship and is jam packed with direct training from Kim West, The Sleep Lady, and her team of outside experts who provide additional specialty training in postpartum depression, medical sleep disorders, breastfeeding, and sleep coaching with children from infancy through childhood.
There are also Clinical Group Supervision and ongoing Continued Education Classes (4 a year) so I am always learning and keeping abreast of new research and topics related to sleep.
Some of the areas of focused training include:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- How to successfully work with multiples and siblings.
- How to incorporate each family’s unique philosophy regarding cosleeping, early rising, nap coaching, pacifiers and weaning!
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- In depth knowledge of the importance of attachment.
- What special considerations need to be taken when supporting families during this delicate period.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are developmentally appropriate, breastfeeding and attachment friendly and promote a solid foundation for sleep learning and long-term healthy sleep patterns.
- This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of newborns through 5 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies from infancy through childhood in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
For more information about the Gentle Sleep Coach Certificate program, visit their website.